Monday 4 July 2011

Other things for sale......

It is not often with two children, that I get to watch the news first thing in the morning. In between small animals that live in a digital world and weird pre-teens that live in and out of a digital world, I got to flicker between news stations today and do you know, there appears to be something else on sale out there in the world;

Billions! Terror!Fear Old Age! Cuts, terror! Taxes!Cheryl Cole! Review, terror! Billions or terror! Fear Billions! Tax Billions! Billions of old people in terror! New Hair Cole! Debt Terror! Let us know your view! Terror! Sausage reunion Cole Terror! Fear Olympic ticket terror! Shopping fear for billions!

Suddenly we have stopped talking and started shouting. Even the culture bits of the news are LOOK AT THIS, not enough culture terror!!!!!

No wonder people are traumatised by everything. They scurry through the Hall of Plenty diving at counters like their life depends on it and I can sort of understand why. If the first thing I saw every morning was this over-hyped, dramatic news I would be scared too.
And since when did we start talking in Billions? I'm pretty sure when first quoted the Olympic Games were costing Millions, if I changed the price when a customer got to the till from twenty quid to two hundred there would be hell to pay, so somebody needs to get a grip of that.

But I suppose if this is the new way of the world then who am I not to join in.

You will die without that blusher!Mascara terror! Mattify! Old skin terror!!!!! Fragrance Fear, terror!

No comments:

Post a Comment