Wednesday 6 July 2011

Filthy Young Things....

I'm not analy retentive, nor do I have O.C.D. I believe, like all non-freaky mums, that a certain amount of dirt is good for us, building antibodies and creating resistance to the outside world. I wouldn't go so far as to encourage my children to eat their own boggies but I don't carry antispectic wipes in my back pack. Yet I do insist that they wash their hands and that they don't pick up things off the floor.

However, if you have spent anytime watching reallity T.V in the past ten years, you should be more than aware that there are people out there who don't clean, themselves, their homes or their hands. In fact if you read my blog, G strings and Jazz Hands, you will be more than aware of the unconcious grubby probings we witness.

So WHY- I ask in capital letters that should alert the reader to the strength of my feelings - WHY , do women come along to makeup counters and refuse help from a consultant, then just pick up a lipstick and stick it on their lips?

Not having laser eyes that burn off bacteria on lipsticks I cannot, nor can my colleagues, stop customers catching Herpes, E-Coli, that nasty bottom bug that went around, Noro Virus?

There are people in this world that do not wash their hands after using a public toilet. If they come to our counter and try a lipstick on their hand, then you try it on your mouth you have those germs around your lips. What happens if you kiss your boyfriend with that on, or god forbid your baby.

' It's okay, I am just trying this on.' is not the answer to my forceful , 'Can I help you?' which is actually Consultant speak for,
'Put that lipstick down ya dirty tart!'

No comments:

Post a Comment